Monday, January 16, 2012

Stage 02, Development of ideas and sketches

After I study on Tetsuya Nomura and Jun'ya Ota, I found that Tetsuya Nomura's art style is always very details and half body portrait type. He likes to design his character in half body yet details to show out the feelings of the characters and his character's story is always hurt, pain and suffer in order to get happiness. That's why going to design my own style of Tetsuya Nomura's half body portrait to show the meaning of "No Pain No Gain".

I use this photo of Cloud Strife, a famous character that Tetsuya Nomura design as my reference.
At 1st, I though I am able to use photographic to do my design, but it turns out fail. It unable to show the "pain" in the photo. So, I decided to go for drawing style.

This is my photographic attempt. I plan to use "study" as the "pain" and "good result" as "gain" but i can't show the "pain" in the photo.

This is my sketches after I fail on the photographic attempt.
1st design is shown that blade can cause pain yet in japan, blade can help you gain respect.
2nd design is shown that sometimes we need to fight for the things we need.

After finish Tetsuya Nomura theme design, I started on Jun'ya Ota's theme design. Jun'ya Ota's art is very simple and mainly is girl character plus he likes to make music. So, I decided to use "Girl" and "Music" as my starting point.

I use Jun'ya Ota's game main page and game play screen as my reference.

This is my sketches.
1st design is based on the main page, a girl is listening to music is like wishing a wish from a shooting star.
2nd design is based on the game play, it shows the level of music can bring happiness to people just like when we play games.

No comments:

Post a Comment