Thursday, August 4, 2011

Final Assignment three

Everything that started has to be ended. So, here I am the final artwork of my assignment three. Credits must be given to Secret Recipe for the cakes and Charlene Ng Andrew of helping me at my Dragon drawing for the 2nd artwork.

There is a small changes in my initial design. At 1st, I was planning to use purely hand-drawn, but turns out the drawing doesn't come out nicely from what i expect. So, i change it into digital. At the same time, I found out that Penang people likes to use simple drawing to represent themselves or express their feeling. So, i change my total design into a very simple-ish artwork.

The basic idea is I combine both digital and sketch into a artwork. So, is very digital-ish and some are very sketch-ish.

Well, I think the picture is better to explain everything right ?? here we go. My final artwork ^^
Name: Cheng Khai Wen
ID: 1081101572
Title: Unpredictable Jam

Artist statement: I use the shock express to show the unpredictable feeling. The dragon i use black since is at night, Black represent night the best. I use yellow to represent bread. I draw my artwork very comic-ish is because now-a-days teenagers or even adults likes to read comics.

Artwork treatment: I use both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create the artwork. I use brush tools to create the sketch-ish dragon to show the shadow of the dark and is actually the lights of the cars.
Name: Cheng Khai Wen
ID: 1081101572
Title: Food tower

Artist statement: I still use back the shock expression for this. Since my survey say food and Komtar can represent Penang. So, I changed Komtar in a Swissroll and the cars are the cakes. The dragon remains as representing the night The Fairies are representing the thinking of people who went to Penang just for the food.

Artwork treatment: I use both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create the artwork. And a very special thanks to Charlene Ng Andrew who helped me to "filter" or make a much nicer Dragon. The white part actually represent the part that is eaten up by the fairies which can also means that the people who went to Penang is always hunger for more food.

No comments:

Post a Comment